Personal Injury Lawyer in Albany, NY
Brendan F. Baynes is a graduate of St. Lawrence University (cum laude) in his class and Albany Law School of Union University. Mr. Baynes has been practicing law for over 28 years in the Capital District of New York State. Mr Baynes' experience as a trial lawyer encompasses complex civil, and personal injury litigation.
Mr Baynes is admitted to practice law in New York State, the United States Second Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States District Court, Northern District of New York State Bar Association. He regularly lectures fellow attorneys for the NYS Bar Association at continuing Legal Education seminars on the topics of automobile liability, no-fault issues, evidence and expert testimony.
Experience and Dedication
Brendan Baynes is an experienced trial lawyer, which encompasses civil litigation, commercial, civil rights and personal injury law. Additionally, he is recognized for his work concerning medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, product liability and various insurance coverage issues. He also counsels clients on corporate and real estate matters and provides pro bono services to the Legal Aid Society.
Mr. Baynes is able to practice law in New York State, the United States Second Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States District Court, Northern District of New York. He is an active member of the Albany County Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association. Baynes frequently lectures for the NYS Bar Association at Continuing Legal Education seminars on the topics of automobile liability, no-fault issues, evidence, and expert testimony.
House of Delegates, New York State Bar Association – 2009 - 2012
Committee on Character and Fitness for Third Judicial District – 2009 - present
House of Delegates, New York State Bar Association – 2008 – May 31, 2009
Torts, Insurance & Compensation Law Section, New York State Bar Association – 2008 to present
Executive Committee, Torts, Insurance & Compensation Law – New York State Bar Association – 2002 to 2008; 3rd Judicial District Representative
New York State Bar Association, Albany County Bar Association, Capital District Trial Lawyers Association Member Albany County Ethics Committee – 1996
Numerous New York State Bar Association CLE Seminars
- NYSBA Hot Topics for Elder Law on Medicare Liens and Set Asides – December 2009
- 2009 General Auto Liability – May 2009
- Law School for Claims Professionals – September 2008
- Practical Skills - Basic Tort and Insurance Law Practice – May 2008
- Can the Commercial General Liability Policy Survive? – April 2008
- 2007 Insurance Coverage Update – Focus on First Party Coverage Issues – May 2007
- Practical Skills - Basic Tort and Insurance Law Practice – May 2006
- A Primer on Automobile Litigation – September 2002
- Practical Skills – Civil Practice – The Trial – March 2000
- The Keys to Effective Trial Advocacy – November 1998
- The Trial of an Automobile Accident Case – Spring 1997